stadium (plural stadiums or stadia)
- A Greek measure of length, being the chief one used for itinerary distances, also adopted by the Romans for nautical and astronomical measurements, equal to 600 Greek or 625 Roman feet, or 125 Roman paces, or to 606 feet, 9 inches.
- Hence, a race course, especially, the Olympic course for foot races.
- A venue where sporting events are held.
- A kind of telemeter for measuring the distance of an object of known dimensions, by observing the angle it subtends.
- In surveying, a graduated rod used to measure the distance of the place where it stands from an instrument having a telescope, by observing the number of the graduations of the rod that are seen between certain parallel wires (stadia wires) in the field of view of the telescope.
- (Greek unit of length): Olympic stadium
- (venue where sporting events are held): arena
- (graduated rod in surveying): stadia, stadia rod
7 letters in word "stadium": A D I M S T U.
Anagrams of stadium:
Words found within stadium:
ad adit adits admit admits ads adsum adust ai aid aids aim aims ais ait aits aitu aitus am ami amid amids amidst amis amu amus as at audit audits autism da dais dam dams das dast datum datums daut dauts di dim dims dis disa dit dita ditas dits dui duit duits duma dumas dust id ids is ism it ita itas its ma mad mads maid maids maist mas mast masu mat mats maud mauds maut mauts mi mid mids midst mis mist mu mud muds muid muids muist mus musit must mut muti mutis muts sad sadi sai said saim sam sat sati sau saut si sida sim sima sit sma smit smut st staid stud stum sud sui suid suit sum ta tad tads tai tais tam tamis tams tas tau taus ti tid tids tis tsadi tui tuis tuism tum tumid tums uds um us ut uta utas utis uts